Update on July 9, 2010:
This free service is up and running again. Please consider to making a donation via PayPal. Your contributions are much appreciated. Thanks.
This random hadith quotation is a free service/tool that will be available for everyone to use. It allows you to display a random hadith on your website.
- Displaying a hadith of Prophet Muhammad SAW (pbuh) randomly on your website. It is useful when:
- You want to know more about the Islam and its messages.
- You want something that help you remember and denote the way Prophet Muhammad SAW (pbuh) lived his life.
- You have a website which provides information about Islam and other things related to it. Why? Because, the visitors of your website will get an added value when they browse the website, especially on daily basis.
- Free. Insha Allah, it will cost you nothing for using this service, today and also in the future. I made it just for fun. I hope that everyone could enjoy the service and have fun with it as much as I do.
- It’s easy to install and use. What you need to do is just copy and paste a little PHP/HTML code anywhere on your website.
Number of hadiths inserted so far: 200 hadiths. (updated @ Nov 28, 2008)
As mentioned before in the front page of this website, the random hadith quotation is a free service/tool that allows you to put a random hadith on your website. It’s free, quick and easy to use. You just need to copy and paste a little PHP code anywhere on your website and you have a go.
At the moment, this service is an one-man initiative. It is developed, maintained and supported solely by Kemas Yunus Antonius.
To get more information about the developer/maintainer of this service, please visit his website at http://www.kyantonius.com.
The random hadith quotation is built with PHP and uses MySQL as database backend. PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. Meanwhile, the MySQL database is the world’s most popular open source database. They both are great resources in the programming communities.
All credits go to the following:
- PHP and MySQL, for providing such great tools and resources.
- Islamic Server of MSA-USC, for its great Islamic resources. Most of the contents of this website, especially for the hadith collections, are coming from there.
- HadithServer.com and Ensiklonesia.NET, for the idea and inspirations.
- Starsol Scripts, for providing the base of this service.
What is hadith?
In Islam, the Arabic word sunnah has come to denote the way Prophet Muhammad (saas), the Messenger of Allah, lived his life. The Sunnah is the second source of Islamic jurisprudence, the first being the Qur’an. Both sources are indispensable; one cannot practice Islam without consulting both of them. The Arabic word hadith (pl. ahadith) is very similar to Sunnah, but not identical. A hadith is a narration about the life of the Prophet (saas) or what he approved – as opposed to his life itself, which is the Sunnah as already mentioned.
In M. M. Azami’s Studies in Hadith Methodology and Literature, the following precise definition of a hadith is given,
According to Muhaddithiin [scholars of hadith -ed.] it stands for ‘what was transmitted on the authority of the Prophet, his deeds, sayings, tacit approval, or description of his sifaat (features) meaning his physical appearance. However, physical appearance of the Prophet is not included in the definition used by the jurists.’
Thus hadith literature means the literature which consists of the narrations of the life of the Prophet and the things approved by him. However, the term was used sometimes in much broader sense to cover the narrations about the Companions [of the Prophet -ed.] and Successors [to the Companions -ed.] as well.
(Source: Islamic Server of MSA-USC)
Get the code
Use the following codes, select one that fits your situation, copy and paste it anywhere on your HTML page
to display the random hadith quotation.
php include(‘http://kemas.x10.mx/hadith/quotation.php’); ?>
- HTML (IFRAME)
<iframe frameborder=”0″ src=”http://kemas.x10.mx/hadith/quotation.php“ scrolling=”auto” width=”100%” height=”100%”>Your user agent does not support frames or is currently configured not to display frames.</iframe>
Please modify the width and the height of iframe in order to properly display the hadith on your website.
Still under testing. Thanks to Ensiklonesia.net for providing the script.
I, myself, would strongly recommend you to use the PHP code instead of the HTML one as far as your server supports it. It is found to be easy to integrate and can get along with the stylesheet you use on your website.
WordPress Plugin (Outdated – Please don’t use it anymore.)
A great news for WP users. At this moment, a plugin for this service is also available for you to use. More information about this plugin can be found over here, http://wp-plugins.net/index.php?id=310
Thanks to Usayd Younis for his great contribution.
For more information about this service, or if you have any suggestions, critics or any other types of input, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- This service can and may be used for free by both personal/non-commercial and commercial websites as long as they do not conduct any illegal activities.
- This website and service provided to you on and through this website on an “AS IS” basis. You agree that the owners of this website exclusively reserve the right and may, at any time and without notice and any liability to you, modify or discontinue this website and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. I shall have no responsibilty or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information.
- You agree to indemnify and hold me harmless, my subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, advertisers, partners, and co-branders from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that may be made by any third party, that is due to or arising out of your conduct or connection with this website or service, your provision of Content, your violation of this Term of Use or any other violation of the rights of another person or party.
- Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or made available on or through this website. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. I shall not be liable for or responsible in any manner for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.