“Hire and promote first on the basis of integrity; second, motivation; third, capacity; fourth, understanding; fifth, knowledge; and last and least, experience. Without integrity, motivation is dangerous; without motivation, capacity is impotent; without capacity, understanding is limited; without understanding, knowledge is meaningless; without knowledge, experience is blind. Experience is easy to provide and quickly put to good use by people with all the other qualities.”
~Dee Hock, founder of Visa.
2014 is coming to an end. 2015 will be here soon.
It’s been a wonderful year at Baidu in Indonesia. So many interesting and awesome things happened in this year and we’re still here. Looking forward to many more years to come as we continue to grow and improve together with you.
Thank you for being with us. Let’s make 2015 an even more wonderful year.
- Understand what people need.
- Address the whole experience, from start to finish.
- Make it simple and intuitive.
- Build the service using agile and iterative practices.
- Structure budgets and contracts to support delivery.
- Assign one leader and hold that person accountable.
- Bring in experienced teams.
- Choose a modern technology stack.
- Deploy in a flexible hosting environment.
- Automate testing and deployments.
- Manage security and privacy through reusable processes.
- Use data to drive decisions.
- Default to open.
Source: U.S. Digital Services Playbook
I wish Indonesian government could also setup such list.Hat tip: Matt.
Baidu PC Faster and Baidu Antivirus are now available in Bahasa Indonesia. Please download the latest version of each product and feel free to let us know if you have any feedback.
Recently Baidu Indonesia has been launching two user activities on Facebook to introduce our products.
I’d friendly encourage you to join and participate in those activities. It’s fun and easy. If you’re lucky, you will win some prizes too. Please get more information about the activities below.
If you like and find our products useful, please share it to your friends and relatives. Don’t forget to “Like” Facebook page of each product mentioned above to follow and get latest updates from us.
More exciting news will be coming soon. Thus, please stay tuned.
As some of you already know, since last month I join Baidu and am managing products launched in Indonesia.
The following two products are our key products, and we’d like to invite you to download, test and experience them:
- Baidu PC Faster: Permanently free lightweight PC security and optimization software. It gathers “Health Check”, “Win Update”, “Cleaner”, ”Speedup”, ”Cloud security”, ”Toolbox” and ”PC APP Store” with simple interface and it’s easy to operate. An ideal system optimization solution.
- Baidu Antivirus: Permanently free professional antivirus and ultrafast cloud security software with main features:
- Multiple Antivirus Engine
- Real-time System Defense
- Proactive Defense
- Cloud Security
- Local Support
- Seamless, Automatic update
If you have any feedback, questions, or need more information regarding those products, please feel free to contact us. Your input matters!
Rumah123 Hits 1 Million UV in May 2013
“The month of May marked a milestone for Rumah123.com, Indonesia’s No.1 property website and part of the iProperty Group, as it surpassed the one million mark in unique visitors, the highest growth achieved to date by any property portal in the country.
In a statement released, iProperty Group’s Chief Executive Officer, Shaun Di Gregorio said, “We are thrilled with the significant growth that Rumah123.com has achieved in May 2013. Crossing the one million unique visitor mark is an affirmation that more and more property buyers and investors in Indonesia are turning to the internet to look for property and choosing Rumah123.com to find their dream home or next property investment. The success in unique visitors also further widens the gap between Rumah123.com’s nearest competitors in Indonesia by 32%.””
Please read the full article by clicking the link above.
Asia Property Market Sentiment Survey 2013 (H2)
Rumah123.com kembali melaksanakan Asia Property Market Sentiment Survey. Sebuah survei untuk mengetahui tren masyarakat Indonesia terhadap keinginan memiliki dan berinvestasi properti, serta pandangannya terhadap situasi terakhir di bidang properti di Asia.
Rumah123 is officially now available on Android, iPhone, Blackberry and new Mobile Web.
Visit www.rumah123.com/mobile to download the apps and get more information.
I am an Engineer.
In my profession I take deep pride. To it, I owe solemn obligations.
Since the Stone Age, human progress has been spurred by the engineering genius.
Engineers have made usable nature’s vast resources of material and energy for Humanity’s [Mankind’s] benefit.
Engineers have vitalized and turned to practical use the principles of science and the means of technology.
Were it not for this heritage of accumulated experience, my efforts would be feeble.
As an Engineer, I pledge to practice integrity and fair dealing, tolerance and respect, and to uphold devotion to the standards and the dignity of my profession, conscious always that my skill carries with it the obligation to serve humanity by making the best use of Earth’s precious wealth.
As an Engineer, [in humility and with the need for Divine guidance,] I shall participate in none but honest enterprises.
When needed, my skill and knowledge shall be given without reservation for the public good.
In the performance of duty and in fidelity to my profession, I shall give the utmost.
The Obligation of the Engineer
FYI, we’re still hiring web dev(ops), a QA engineer and an UI/UX guru.
If you’re based in Jakarta and its surrounding area and currently looking for challenging opportunities, please feel free to send me your CV and other related document/links to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask me for more details if you want to.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are seeking a SEO specialist to join our team. This is a full time position and will be based in Jakarta. He or she will be responsible for driving search engine traffic to our sites through SEO and other online traffic generation methods. The position requires an in-depth understanding of SEO best practices and how search engines work. He or she will have the opportunity to operate at both a strategic and tactical level, while taking end-to-end ownership of the success metrics for the channel.
- Minimum 3 years of SEO experience
- Extensive knowledge of search engine algorithms and SEO best practices.
- Strong understanding of site optimization for search engines and link building expertise.
- Strong analytical, organizational and leadership skills is a must
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS, and web server environments
- High attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and analyze large amounts of data while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience using Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Yahoo! Site Explorer, and other industry standard SEO tools
- Degree in Computer Science or related field is a bonus
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Demonstrates initiative/proactive
- Good Communicator
Are you interested with this position? Or, do you know someone who might fit and wants to take the challenge? Any referral is welcome. Please contact me for more details.
BTW, this QA position is still open. Any takers?
Vx ora inaqnnt 87 wnne trjbeqra. Abt irry zrre gr xbzra!
We are looking for a QA person with automation experience or skills who can use tools like Selenium to build automated test cases. Based in Jakarta. Please contact me for more details.