- Promise and deliver.
- Make sure bad news travels fast.
- Writing is thinking.
- Practice transparency within your team.
- Without a point of view there is no point.
- Know your dilithium crystals.
- Don’t ask for information or reports unless they help those you ask to do their jobs.
- Don’t keep two sets of books.
- Showdowns are boring and nobody wins.
- Never vote on anything.
- When presenting the boss with n alternatives he/she will always choose option n+1.
- Nothing is ever decided at a meeting so don’t try.
- Work on things that are important not urgent.
- Products don’t ship with a list of features you thought you’d do but didn’t.
- If you’re interesting someone won’t agree with what you said.
“Hire and promote first on the basis of integrity; second, motivation; third, capacity; fourth, understanding; fifth, knowledge; and last and least, experience. Without integrity, motivation is dangerous; without motivation, capacity is impotent; without capacity, understanding is limited; without understanding, knowledge is meaningless; without knowledge, experience is blind. Experience is easy to provide and quickly put to good use by people with all the other qualities.”
~Dee Hock, founder of Visa.