Yesterday I slightly did some changes on the appearance of my weblog with some modifications I found through Warnadunia.net. I must say, I really like how Thomas manages his site. It looks pretty well organized and contains so many interesting information. I still keep wondering how he got the idea to do such things. BTW, I also make a daily visit to his site and hope I could find something new which I can elaborate with. You’ve done a great job, Thomas. 🙂
Here is the list of what I did yesterday.
- I visited this link, MovableType templates created by Mark Pilgrim and read every sections I saw over there very carefully as I’m still a learning newbie in this MT world. So, each step must be followed one by one.
- After that, I downloaded the following plug-ins and installed them right away.
Why I downloaded so many things and am I going to need them all? The answer is, yes. Although not all of them will be used now, I still want to keep them. Just in case that further modifications will be made in the future. 🙂
- Next step was modifying the archiving scheme. I really found the URL of my archives so ugly and wanted to change it a long time ago. But, because of my limited ability, I just let it as it is till I visited this page. And got inspired. Some modifications were made and now, I am just waiting for Google doing its job, updating my site. 🙂
- By applying SimpleComments, I now have comments and trackbacks listed on the same page.
- As a finishing touch and to conclude all things I did yesterday, I modified a little bit the main CSS file of this site and the list of Recent Comments you see on the right menu with this code.
<MTComments lastn="5" sort_order="descend">
<$MTCommentAuthorLink spam_protect="1"$> on
<a href="<$MTEntryLink$>#<$MTCommentID$>" title="<$MTCommentBody remove_html="1"